‘Florida Sunset’ Water lily
‘Florida Sunset’ Water lily. Nymphaea ‘ Florida Sunset ‘ The flower petals are yellow with a pink blush which is heavier at the base. The flower is cuplike in shape then peony-shaped, fragrance is slight .
- Leaf colour: the top new leaves are dark olive green and heavily blotched with purple. Underside leaves are reddish and heavily blotched purple . Leaves round sinus closed, lobes overlap. Each lobe has a 1.2cm ( 1.2 inches ) point at tip.
- Stem colour brown with thick fuzz on peduncle and petiole .
- Flower size 15.2 = 21.5 cm ( 6 – 8.5 inches )
- Number of petals 35 to 36
- Leaf size 22.8 cm ( 9 inches )
- Leaf spread 1.2m – 1.9m (4 – 6 feet ) when mature
- ‘Florida Sunset’ Water lily is a free flowering water lily and we would recommend it for medium to large ponds
- Planting depth 30cm – 60cm ( 12 – 24 inches ) of water from soil level
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NY015
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information