Tuberosa Richardsonii water lily. Large, white water lily.
Tuberosa Richardsonii water lily (N. Tuberosa ‘Richardsonii’) Produces beautiful, snow-white, globular flowers with a yellow centre, unusually early in the season. The blooms have forty six to fifty petals and measure 6-8 in (15-20 cm) across.
- The leaves are nearly round with wavy edges and an open sinus. Leaf size is 10-11 in (25-28 cm) with a spread of 72-84 in (180-210 cm).
- This is a potential giant, therefore we would only recommend it for large pools, or lakes, as it is very vigorous.
- Needs at least 3 feet of water in which to thrive.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: NW130
- Contact us if you require more information