Sioux water lily (Nymphaea ‘Sioux’)
Sioux water lily (Nymphaea ‘Sioux’). These water lilies are extremely free flowering having plenty of flowers that change from yellow, to orange and then red. Further the petal colour progresses from the lightest centre petal row to the deeper colour of the outer rows with a golden coloured centre. The stellate (star like) flowers have nineteen or twenty lanceolate petals and measure 5-6 in (13-15 cm) across they also have quite a nice fragrance especially when new. The Sioux water lily performs magnificently and the flowers stay open late in the day.
- Sioux water lily has rich green leaves marked with burgundy. Almost round in shape and with a wide open, ‘V’ shaped sinus they measure 8-9 in (20-23 cm).
- Spread 48in (120cm).
- A variable water lily suited to small and medium pools.
- Planting depth above soil level 12-18ins/30-45cms
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Pondflora tablets which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NV060
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information