Rene Gerard water lily (Nymphaea ‘Rene Gerard’)
Rene Gerard red water lily (Nymphaea ‘Rene Gerard’) has star shaped flowers which have rich rose central petals fading outwards to paler pink with heavy flecks of crimson and a yellow orange centre. Free flowering, the blooms of this water lily have twenty to twenty four petals and can reach 9 in (23 cm) in diameter and also carry a slight fragrance.
- The leaves are at first bronze-green, maturing to uniform green and measure 10-11 in (25-28 cm) across. They are nearly round with the sinus usually an open ‘V’ shape.
- Spread 60in (150cm)
- Suitable for medium and large pools.
- Planting depth 45-90cms (18-36in) of water above soil level
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Pondflora tablets which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: NR130
- Contact us if you require more information