Pygmy Rubra water lily (Nymphaea ‘Pygmaea Rubra’)
Pygmy Rubra water lily (Nymphaea ‘Pygmaea Rubra’) This is a tiny water lily suitable for the smallest pools but it also makes a great addition to the shallower edges of a larger pool. The one pictured is growing on the marginal shelf of my pond and gives me great pleasure. The flowers open a pale rose colour and then deepen to red with age.
- Leaves are green on top, reddish underneath.
- Spread 18in (45cm)
- Planting depth above soil level 12in (30cm)
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 13cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NR120
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information