Pygmy Helvola water lily (N. ‘Pygmaea Helvola’).
Out of stock
Pygmy Helvola water lily
- Pygmy Helvola water lily (N. ‘ Pygmaea Helvola’) This is a very small water lily, a true miniature yellow. Probably the most popular dwarf water lily and certainly the smallest yellow. It is thus an ideal lily for a tub or small pool or can be grown on the shallower marginal shelf of a pond.
- Has olive green, mottled leaves, and canary yellow, star shaped, semi-double flowers that appear all summer long.
- If not repotting yearly we suggest feeding occasionally with Pondflora tablets pushed into the soil below the tuber.
- Spread :- 24in (30 cm)
- Planting Depth :- 6 to 9 in (15-22 cm) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of 11 to 19cm across.
- Product Code: NY040
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information
- When planting water lilies always slope the tuber up towards the growing point and ensure that the growing point is above the soil level. If buried the growing point may rot, this is the commonest cause of failure of water lilies.