Yellow Sensation Water Lily. Nymphaea ‘Yellow Sensation’
Yellow Sensation Water Lily (Nymphaea ‘Yellow Sensation’) the flower is rich yellow and very double flowered lily. Flower shape is cup like with a light but pleasant fragrance and it is also free flowering. The blooms are held up to 15 cm ( 6 inches ) above the water surface .
- Nymphaea ‘ Yellow Sensation ‘ is so striking it has become one of the most popular yellow lilies .
- Flower size 13 – 20 cm (5 – 8 inches) across, number of petals 33 – 36
- Leaf colour top leaves are olive green, new leaves are greenish flecked purple perimeter blotched purple. The underside is yellowish green, perimeter flecked reddish purple. Leaf has nearly round lobes which frequently overlap in new leaves, partially overlap in medium sized leaves. Sinus completely open in large leaves. Stem colour peduncle brownish, petiole greenish brown, striped purple. Thick fuzz on peduncle and petiole.
- Leaf size 25 cm ( 10 inches )
- Leaf spread 0.9 – 1.5 m ( 3 – 5 feet ) when mature
- This not recommended for shallow ponds as its leaves will crowd each other on the water surface. It does well in water 3 – 4 feet deep when established
- Planting depth 40 – 90 cm ( 15 – 35 inches ) from soil level
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information
- Product Code: NY105