Mexicana water lily. Nymphaea Mexicana.
Mexicana water lily has yellow flowers with pointed petals which are held high above the water on strong stems. The blooms, which are fragrant, can vary in colour from pale to bright yellow. The floating leaves are green blotched with purple.
- Flowers June – September.
- Position – flowers best in full sun.
- Spread of leaves 30 -90 cm.
- Planting depth 30 -90 cm ( when mature )
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Pondflora tablets which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information