Gonnere water lily (Nymphaea ‘Gonnere’)
The Gonnere water lily (Nymphaea ‘Gonnere’) is also known as Snowball in the US because, before they open fully, the beautiful, fragrant, flowers with their many petals look like snowballs. The blooms, which they produce fairly freely, open to reveal the orange stamens. The white petals number fifty seven to sixty two and the flowers measure 4-65 in (10-15 cm) across. This is a fine choice for a beautiful white water lily and also one excellent feature is that the blooms stay open later in the day than some cultivars.
- The leaves are green in colour and the new leaves have a slight bronze tinge. The leaf shape is round and the sinus is usually a wide open ‘V’ shape. Each leaf measures 6-8 in (15-20 cm) across and sometimes up to 10 in (25 cm) while the foliage spread overall reaches 36-48 in (90-120 cm).
- Gonnere water lilies are ideal for any size of pool.
- Planting depth above soil level 18-36ins/45-90cms
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NW060
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information