Firecrest water lily (Nymphaea ‘Firecrest’)
The Firecrest water lily (Nymphaea ‘Firecrest’) has lavender pink flowers with orange inner stamens and outer stamens with pink tips. The stellate (star-like) flowers measure 5.5-6 in (14-15 cm) across and have twenty-nine petals. The flowers are held above the water with the sepals and outer petals hanging down. They are also slightly fragrant. These water lilies flower fairly freely, plant in a large container for most frequent blooms .
- The new leaves are a very deep purple in colour and then mature to green. They are round in shape and the sinus is usually an open ‘V’. Leaves grow to 9in (23 cm) across.
- Spread 48in (120cm)
- Needs plenty of room and a large basket and is thus suitable for medium to large ponds. Does well in earth ponds.
- Planting depth above soil level 12-18in (30-45cm)
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Pondflora tablets which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NP030
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information