Colonel A.J.Welch water lily (N.’Colonel A.J.Welch’)
Colonel A.J.Welch water lily (Nymphaea ‘Colonel A.J.Welch’) is an earlier flowering variety which carries it’s blooms above the leaves. These water lilies produce fine lemon yellow flowers with bright yellow centres which reach 5.5-6 in (14-15 cm) across. The blooms are stellate (star-like) in shape and the new flowers also have a pleasant fragrance.
- One interesting thing about this cultivar is that it is viviparous, that is it sometimes develops new plants with rhizomes directly from the old blossom head.
- The leaves are olive green in colour and the perimeter of the newest leaves have purple flecks. Each leaf is round and the sinus may be an open ‘V’ or or the lobes may overlap. Leaf size is 9in (23 cm).
- Spread 72in (180 cm).
- Suitable for medium to large pools.
- Planting depth 24-30 in (60-75 cm).
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NY030
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information