Black Princess Water Lily (Nyphaea Black Princess)
The Black Princess Water Lily (Nyphaea Black Princess) is by far the most stunningly beautiful lily I have ever seen! It is in a class of its own with amazing dark red flowers.
These plants produce flowers in profusion, they reach 5-6 in (13-15 cm) in diameter and also have a light, pleasant fragrance. The petals have the appearance of the darkest red velvet which contrasts with burnt orange stamens. With this lily you would be buying something very special.
- The new leaves are purple and then turn green with a faint burgundy edge after a few weeks. The leaf is round with a variable sinus and it grows to 8-9in (20-23 cm) across.
- Planting depth above soil level 8-36ins/20-90cms
Spread: 42-77in (100-200 cm)
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all lilies bareroot, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: NR030
- Contact us if you require more information