Barbara Dobbins water lily (Nymphaea ‘Barbara Dobbins’)
Barbara Dobbins water lily (Nymphaea ‘Barbara Dobbins’) is a beautiful, free flowering water lily. The cup-shaped blooms are a unique blend of pink, yellow and apricot in colour and also have bright yellow centres. They are held well above the leaves standing 4-6in (10-15 cm) above the water. The stellate (star shaped) flowers have thirty to thirty-two petals, measure 4-6 in (10-15 cm) and also have a pleasant fragrance. They are truly delightful.
- The leaves are dark green with brown speckles, nearly round in shape with convolutions and a sinus which is slightly open. Leaf size is 8-10 in (20-25 cm) across.
- Spread 60-84 in (150-210 cm).
- Recommended for medium to large pools.
- Planting depth above soil level 12-36in (30-90cm).
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all lilies bareroot, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: NV030
- Contact us if you require more information.