Bladderwort (Utricularia Vulgaris) Native oxygenator
- Bladderwort is an interesting, native, carnivorous, pond plant that supplements its diet with small aquatic insects. The bladders, which are clearly visible, are sophisticated traps. They contain a vacuum and prey trigger the trap which sucks them into the bladder.
- Also produces flowers in summer which are similar to small, yellow snapdragons.
- This plant survives the winter by producing special buds (turions). These buds sink to the bottom of the pond or lake before rising again in the spring. Therefore they are available during summer months only.
- Prefers slightly acidic water.
- Sold by the strand.
- Contact us if you require more information