Hornwort (Ceratophyllum dermersum) Native oxygenating plant
- This oxygenator, Hornwort (Ceratophyllum dermersum), should be on every pond owners list. The stems branch and they are covered in crowded whorls of dark green, feathery leaves. As well as helping to keep the water fresh and healthy this native oxygenating pond plant provides a perfect environment for wildlife and spawning fish.
- Grows in sun or shade and in still or slow moving water.
- Does not root therefore it is easy to control. Allow it to grow to fill about a third of your pond and simply remove any excess and put on the compost.
- We supply Hornwort loose in bags, it can be bunched or placed loose into the pond.
- Note the plant sinks to bottom of pond and over-winters as dormant buds. As the days lengthen and the water warms up in the spring the buds will begin to grow again.
- Planting depth of water 30-90cm (12 to 36 in).
- This is the equivalent to about 50 to 60 bunches and can be thrown straight in the pond ,it will sink in time ,
- Contact us if you require more information