Water Starwort (Callitriche) native. Oxygenating plant
- Water Starwort (Callitriche) native, oxygenating plant. The pale green leaves are linear where submerged and form pretty, starry masses where they reach the surface. Callitriche is very useful improving water quality, absorbing nutrients and also providing a sheltered habitat for fish and wildlife. The submerged leaves are particularly favoured by newts as a place to lay their eggs.
- A good plant especially for smaller pond.
- Sold in small clumps, pot, and place just below water line until established, then lower to final position.
- Planting depth 15=45cm (6 to 18 in) of water above soil level.
- Contact us if you require more information