Royal Fern (Osmunda regalis) Large. Native
- Royal Fern, Osmunda regalis, is a really impressive native fern well deserving its ‘Royal’ title. It is a robust deciduous fern forming a large clump of erect or arching fronds which turn an attractive red-brown in autumn. Some of the fronds bear clusters of brownish orange spores at their tips and these are so decorative that it is also known as Flowering fern. This hardy, native plant is very versatile. It will grow in most conditions and need little maintenance.
- Easy to grow in most cool, moist, lightly shaded sites and will also grow in full sun if given plenty of moisture. Useful for very wet sites and will also grow in the shallow water at the edge of the pond. Hence one of the alternative names for this plant is Water Fern.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Height up to 200cm (78in)
- Spread 50 – 100cm (19 – 39in)
- Product code P0034 2ltr
- Size – grown in 2 litre pots. Please note the pot will be removed for shipping and the plants sent out bare root ready for potting on into a larger pot or directly into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information