Primula vialii. Moisture loving plant.
Primula vialii is a delightful plant which produces dramatic flower spikes from the basal rosette of hairy, oblong-lanceolate leaves. A cone of red buds forms the top of the upright flower stem, the buds open from the bottom up to reveal small, purple flowers which create a striking contrast to the red buds. Primula vialii are also called Orchid primrose and Chinese Pagoda primula.
- Thrive in a moist soil therefore are suitable for pond-side planting or any damp but not water logged spot.
- Height 10 cm (4 in) tall with flower spikes rise to approximately 40 cm (16 in) tall.
- Prefer a position in partial shade, but will grow well in more sunny positions if the soil remains moist.
- Flowers June
- Herbaceous so will die back to ground level over winter. Don’t forget where you have planted them!
- Contact us if you require more information