Osmunda regalis ‘Purpurascens’. Purple royal fern
Osmunda regalis ‘Purpurascens’, Purple royal fern, is a large and spectacular fern, ideal for growing either at the pond edge or in the bog garden. Plants form a distinct clump of tall, arching fronds of fresh green divided leaves. The stems and also the early leaves of this fern are purplish in colour and the stems remain purple throughout the season.
- For best results grow Purple Royal Fern in moist, preferably acidic soil.
- Position in partial shade (will tolerate full sun in cooler regions).
- Prune out old leaves in late winter.
- Height 1.5 meters ( 4 feet 11 inches )
- Spread 100cm ( 3 feet 3 inches )
- For shipping the plants are sent out bare root ready for either potting on into a larger pot or directly into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information