Lobelia vedrariensis. This hardy variety of lobelia produces masses of purple flowers borne on tall flower spikes. It gives an eye catching display of flowers from mid to late summer. Thus makes a great addition to your garden.
- Grow either in moist conditions at the pondside, or alternatively in shallow water on the marginal shelf. This plant is also very suited to the garden border, water well initially and then treat as any other Perennial.
- It is a slow growing plant when mature after 2 – 3 years it can reach 2.5 and 4 feet tall with a total spread of about a foot.
- An upright hardy perennial.
- Easy to maintain.
- Narrow, red-tinged dark green leaves and long terminal racemes of tubular, deep violet-purple flowers 5cm wide.
- Flowers from late summer and early autumn.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.