Dicksonia antarctica (Soft Tree Fern)
Dicksonia antarctica (Soft Tree Fern) is an evergreen tree fern in mild areas, but deciduous in colder areas. It has a stout reddish-brown stem and a terminal rosette of arching, deeply divided, glossy dark green fronds. The fronds can grow up to 3metres in length.
- Plant outdoors in a moist but well-drained humus-rich soil. Water the stem in hot, dry summers but avoid watering the crown in winter.
- Opportunity to buy young plants, see photo.
- Grows slowly to up to 4metres in height, taking 20 – 50 years to reach full height.
- Protect from frost over winter.
- Contact us if you require more information