Arum Lily (Zantedeschia aethiopica)
- Arum Lily (Zantedeschia aethiopica) is another one of my favourite shallow water plants producing, as it does, an ever increasing show of large glossy arrow shaped leaves followed in early summer by the large pure white flowers with their golden yellow central spike. The books indicate that it is only hardy when planted in 6 ins of water or more over the crown but I know of huge clumps in excess of 25 yrs old that have been grown out of the water in mild areas.
- Large clumps will reach up to 3 ft high and over decades will form clumps up to 5 ft wide.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Care:-Harmful if eaten, and can cause irritation to skin and eyes.
- Product Code: M1050
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information