Dwarf Bullrush. (Typha minima) Marginal plants
Dwarf Bullrush or Dwarf Reedmace. Typha minima.
- Dwarf Bullrush or Dwarf Reedmace. Typha minima. This is really a reed mace. It is a cheerful little plant with slim stems growing to 2 ft and producing short cylindrical, brown seedheads.Â These seedheads can be left on for an attractive display all winter. Cut late winter to early spring before the seedheads burst.
- Not invasive like its larger cousins and is thus suitable for smaller pools or stream sides.
- Planting depthÂ 1 to 10cm (1 to 4in) of water above crown
- Height 60cm (24in)
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Plant in the shallow water at the margin of your pond.
- Product Code: M1030
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information