Sweet Grass (Glyceria Aquatica Variegata)
Sweet Grass (Glyceria Aquatica Variegata) is a shallow water, marginal pond plant. Be warned! This plant has a bad reputation for being invasive and swamping less vigorous plants. It is, however, attractive being boldly variegated with yellow and white stripes which add striking architectural structure to your garden. It is suitable for planting in and alongside ponds lakes and streams and can also be planted in very moist wetland areas and bog gardens.
- Can be grown to a depth of 15cm ( 6 ins ) but is more than capable of colonising moist bog gardens.
- Position in full sun.
- Height 60-92cm (2-3 ft) when mature
- Spread 2.5m when mature
- Cut back once the leaves have died down normally in the late autumn.
- You can divide this plant every 2 – 3 years.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0300
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant nursery team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.