Lizards Tail (Saururus cernuus) Shallow water plant
- Lizards Tail (Saururus cernuus) Shallow water, marginal pond, plant. Produces attractive heart shaped leaves which are aromatic when crushed but the main reason for growing this plant is the display of unusual flower fairly late in the season, between June and August. The flowers are small, creamy white and clustered on a long cylindrical spike, curling towards the end, hence the Lizards Tail description.
- Can be invasive if grown in a natural, earth-lined pond.
- Grows to 45cm (18in)
- Recommended planting depth 0-10cm (0-4 in) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0890
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information