Gardeners Garters (Phalaris arundinacea ‘Picta’) Shallow water plant
- Gardeners Garters (Phalaris arundinacea ‘Picta’) is an attractive pond plant however care is needed when planting Gardeners Garters as is it is quite rampant. It is really only suitable for areas where it can be constrained or in, or by, large pools where quick colonisation is required. It is not unattractive however with a distinctive parallel variegation of cream and white, and a grass like seedhead in summer.
- Shallow water, marginal pond, plant.
- Height 60-152cm (24-60in),
- spread indefinite.
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-4in) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0730
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information