Japanese Water Iris Laevigata
Japanese Water Iris Laevigata. (Iris Laevigata blue) is a perennial iris that grows in shallow water. It has erect, sword-shaped leaves and beautiful blue flowers 8-10cm in width, each fall with a narrow white flash at the base. Suitable for planting at the edges of your pond, lakes or streams and in bog gardens. Can be planted in batches for a striking effect.
- Height to 70cm (28 ins) when mature
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-4in) of water above crown.
- Likes full sun to partial shade in moist soil.
- Cut back the stems after the flowering season but preserve the leaves as they provide nutrients for the next year.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.