Chameleon plant (Houttuynia cordata variegatus) Marginal
Chameleon Plant (Houttuynia cordata variegatus) Shallow water plant
- Chameleon Plant (Houttuynia cordata variegatus) Shallow water. marginal pond, plant. This happy, multi-coloured little plant is grown for its interesting variegated foliage. Just plant it in the mud, at pool or stream side in full sun, and it wanders about throwing up its stems and leaves, vividly blotched in shades of green, cream, yellow pink and red in the water or out on the bank. When crushed the leaves give off a scent of orange peel. Bears insignificant, white flowers.
- Can form clumps.
- Also known as Harlequin plant.
- Height 30cm (12in)
- Planting depth 0-5cm (0-2in) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: M0335
- Contact us if you require more information