Giant Pickerel Weed (Pontederia lanceolata)
Giant Pickerel Weed (Pontederia lanceolata) is a shallow water, marginal pond, plant. Dense terminal spikes of blue flowers top upright stems which are attractive to bees and other pollinators. The bright green, heart shaped, leaves are an attractive feature. A highly recommended plant which produces attractive clumps and provides colour and interest until later in the season than many plants. Thrives in quiet shallow waters alongside marshes streams and ponds.
- Height 150cm
- Planting depth 10 – 15cm (4″ – 6″) of water above soil level.
- Flowers between July and September
- Attractive to bees and other pollinators wildlife friendly.
- Position in full sun to partial shade.
- Cut back in autumn after the foliage has gone 2 inches above water level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0771
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information we are available between the hours of 08:30am to 16:30on Monday to Friday and via email. Our team would be happy to help with any queries you may have.