Golden Japanese Rush (Acorus gramineus ‘Ogon’)
Golden Japanese Rush, Acorus gramineus ‘Ogon’, is a shallow water plant that produces attractive golden foliage. A compact semi-evergreen or evergreen (in milder areas), grass like perennial. It forms a clump of narrow, bright yellow leaves, lightly striped with yellowish – green. Spikes of insignificant flowers are borne on the tips of central leaf like stems.
- Suitable for smaller gardens growing to about 15cm to 23cm (6ins to 9ins) high
- Position happy in wet soil or at the water’s edge.
- Planting depth: 0-3cm (0-1in) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information