Water Soldier Stratiotes Aloides Native floating pond plant
Water Soldier, Stratiotes Aloides, is quite exotic for a native plant, looking as it does, like the top of a floating Pineapple!!
- It has a rosette of serrated, sword-like, leaves and also produces white or pinkish, 3 petalled, flowers. The male flowers are in clusters and the female flowers are solitary. Tends to sink to the bottom during the winter rising to the surface during the summer. They also produce off-sets that can be detached to make new plants.
- Flowers 3cm across.
- Leaves up to 45cm long.
- Offers resting and sheltering places for aquatic insects such as dragonfly and damselfly larvae.
- Simply drop into your pond.
- Depth of water 30cm (12in) minimum
- Contact us if you require more information