Yellow Loosestrife (Lysimachia vulgaris) Native Marginal plants
Out of stock
Yellow Loosestrife (Lysimachia vulgaris) Native Shallow water plant
- Yellow Loosestrife (Lysimachia vulgaris). Native, shallow water, marginal pond, plant. This is a good upright plant for the edge of the pond,Â with masses of bright yellow flowers from June to August.
- Despite bearing similar common names Yellow Loosestrife and Purple Loosestrife (which flowers at the same time of year and in the same habitats), are not closely related. The plants of these two species have somewhat similar upright racemes, but the flower structures are different.Lysimachia vulgaris grows to typically a metre in height and has opposite lanceolate untoothed and almost stalkless leaves in whorls periodically up the stems. Leaves and stems are finely downy. The flowers, borne in open pyramidal clusters, are each 1.5 to 2cm across and cup-shaped with five pointed yellow petals.
- Height to 92cm (36in)
- Planting depth from 0-10cm ( 0-4in ) of water above soil level.
- Product Code: M0622
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information