Â Great Reed Mace (Typha latifolia) native Shallow water plant (often called Bulrush)
- Great Reed Mace (Typha latifolia) often called Bulrush. Native, shallow water, marginal pond, plant. The leaves are long and elegant and the brown, poker seedheadsÂ are carried on tall strong stems. It isÂ a very architectural plant and the seed heads will stand all winter providing seasonal interest.
- Wildlife friendly
- This is a vigorous plant when planted directly into the soil and if left it will spread indefinitely. It can, with care, be contained in a large pot (check regularly for escaping roots).
- Height up to 250cm (100in)
- Planting depth 0-50cm (0-20in) of water over soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 19cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M1010
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information