Red Dock (Rumex sanguinea)
Red Dock (Rumex sanguinea) is a native, shallow water, marginal pond, plant. A member of the dock family, with attractive red veined leaves. The picture shows very young foliage, but you can clearly see the attractive red leaf veins. Perfect for planting at the edges of ponds and lakes. It is an important food source and will attract a variety of wildlife into your garden with birds enjoying the seedheads in the winter.
- If it is happy, it will set seed profusely therefore remove flower heads to prevent self-seeding.
- Grows to 75cm (54in) tall.
- Plant in moist well drained soil.
- Position in full sun.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0830
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.