Marsh Cinquefoil. Potentilla palustris
- Marsh Cinquefoil, Potentilla palustris, is an attractive, native plant it has lobed leaves and beautiful, red, star shaped flowers in summer
- Plant in wet mud at the water’s edge, bog garden or container pond with up to 10cm (4″) of water over the top of the soil
- Sun or part shade
- It is a good nectar source for bees
- Flowers May to July
- Planting depth: 0-10 cm (0-4in) of water above crown
- Height: 20-40cm (8-16in)
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information