Bog Bean (Menyanthes trifoliata) Native. Marginal.
Bog Bean (Menyanthes trifoliata) native
- Bog Bean (Menyanthes trifoliata) is a native shallow water plant which will grow around the pond edge producing starry white flowers in May and June. The delightful feathery flowers are tinged with pink and rise above the water on stems of up to 30cm. The attractive leaves are also held above the water. They are sub-divided into three leaflets and somewhat resemble broad bean leaves.
- Add native plants and flowers, such as Bogbean, to a wildlife-friendly pond and its margins to provide shelter for amphibians and nectar for insects.
- Height 20cm ( 8in )
- Planting depth water above crown 5 – 10 cm (2 – 4in).
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 19cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0660
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information