Purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria) native Marginal plants
Out of stock
Purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria) native Shallow water plant
- Purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria) makes a tall wildflower that grows naturally on banks of streams and around ponds. It has strong, upright stems, topped in summer with long, poker-like heads of bright purple-red flowers.
- Perfect for pollinators. When in flower Purple loosestrife is loved by bees, butterflies and hoverflies.
- Height up to 120cm (48in)
- Planting depth 0-12cm (0-5in) of water over crown.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0640
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information