Lesser Spearwort (Ranunculus flammula)
Lesser Spearwort (Ranunculus flammula) is a Native, shallow water, marginal pond, plant. An attractive small plant with masses of small golden yellow flowers. The leaves are spear shaped giving it its common name. It has a long flowering period which make this plant very attractive to bees and other pollinators. Suitable to the edges margins of ponds, bog gardens and water meadows and at the edges of lakes and streams.
- Has a long flowering period from June to September.
- Good for pollinators a nectar rich plant.
- Height 30 cm (12 in)
- Planting depth up to 20cm (8in) of water above soil level.
- Low maintenance.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0810
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.