Carex paniculata ( Great tussock sedge )
Native marginal / bog plant
Carex paniculata is a rare native sedge also known as Great tussock sedge. This is one of the the UK’s largest sedges which grows into large, tough clumps in wet areas.
- Can be planted in wet moist soil or in water up to a maximum depth of 10 cm ( 4inches ) above soil level.
- Maximum height 1.5 metres ( 4ft 11in )
- Plant directly in soil or in a planting basket.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information