Willow Grass. Water Knotweed (Persicaria amphibia)
- Willow Grass. Water Knotweed (Persicaria amphibia)is a native water plant with long stalked floating leaves and pretty, fluffy, pink flowers which are held above the water.Â The flowers are attractive to bees and other pollinating insects. Willow Grass will also grow in damp and marshy ground but I think it is best in deeper water. The elongated, green leaves float on the surface providing shelter and shade for aquatic creatures and helping to reduce the growth of unwanted algae. It is also good at absorbing nitrates.
- Previously called Polygonum amphibium this plant has a number of common names including Amphibious Bistort, Water Smartweed and Heartsease .
- Flowers July to September
- Spread 60cm (24in)
- Planting depth of 15-90cm (6-36in)
- Contact us if you require more information