Golden Club. Orontium Aquaticum
Golden Club, Orontium Aquaticum, is one of my favourite plants. The attractive and unusual flowers appear in mid summer and are distinctive, being erect white pokers with bright yellow tips. The leaves are blue green, lance shaped and have a water repellent surface which can make water collect into beautiful, shiny droplets. They can be submerged, floating or held erect.
- Golden club is an interesting plant being the single living species in the genus Orontium, which also contains several extinct species described from fossils.
- Other names for this plant include Floating arum, Never wets or Tawkin.
- Prefers full sun.
- This plant needs a lot of soil, so plant it in a large lily basket !
- Spread 30-60cm (12-24in) or more,
- Planting depth 0 – 45cm (0 to 18 in). If you want the leaves to lie on the water surface, plant it at between 38 and 45cm, 15 and 18 inches deep.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- We ship all water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information